Monday, September 9, 2019

Terry Wilson And Politics

It took just a second or so, and everything changed.

(In sports and in politics)

One bad tackle and the prime QB for UK is gone for the season. It has happened so many times, maybe we just put it in the back of our minds and hope it doesn't happen here. But it did.  While wishing Terry Wilson a speedy recovery, and Sawyer Smith a great season, let me continue my analogy to politics.
 
Dan Rather said years ago "In politics overnight is a long time, and next week is an eternity." He was right. Unfortunately a lot of otherwise good political reporters forget this.  Trump is a shoo-in for renomination. Well, of course he is, unless there's one bad tackle; and far from "next week" it is months and months until the GOP convention and the November 2020 election. I thought of that this week when South Carolina cancelled its GOP primary convention, It has every legal right to do so. State parties control such events, and it is costly to hold them. Of course, democracy suffers when they don't, and the faithful don't get to meet and greet and get riled up, as well as meet future party candidates. 3-4 other GOP states are poised to do the same thing.
 
Democrats have done the same thing. in 2012, 10 states cancelled their conventions or caucuses. American democracy was the loser.


I do not wish Mr. Trump ill, though I disagree with many of His policies. He is our President (elected by an obsolete electoral college system, not by a majority of Americans, please remember, but he IS the president.) Now, should Mr. Pence somehow become president, how fast do you think opposing GOP candidates would come out of the woodwork??? And S.C. might just vote suddenly to hold that state convention.
On the other side we hear "Biden's a shoo-in." (or some other name, insert your own choice) Well, he isn't, and as a matter of fact he isn't even the "front runner" except in the minds of some reporters, and some pollsters (do I have to comment further on polls this far from election day here??)

We also hear "it will all come down to four states." (except that depending on which "expert" you believe those four states aren't always the same four.)  People who believe such crap often stay away from voting, and again, democracy is the loser.

So, while the Democrats sort out an ungainly field of dreamers and old pros, while the GOP faces a coronation not a nomination (also bad for democracy,) keep an open mind. Tomorrow isn't here, let alone the presidential election year of 2020. Between tomorrow and 2020, a lot can, and probably will, happen, or didn't you see what happened to Terry Wilson last Saturday?

I'm just sayin'...

2 comments:

  1. Hello everyone, my name is Alfreed siang  i am here to say a big thank you to my doctor DR OLU who helped me enlarge my penis.i have never had a happy relationship in my life because of my inability to perform well due to my small penis, due to frustration,i went online in search of solution to ending my predicament and than i came across testimony on how DR OLU has helped them, so i contacted him and he promised to help me with penis enlargement,i doubted at first but i gave him a trial and he sent me the product which i used according to his prescription and in less than a week,i saw changes in my penis and it grow to the size i wanted and since then,i am now a happy man and no lady complains again about my penis.if you also need the services of my doctor,you can also contact him on his email..drolusolutionhome@gmail.com   or his whataspp is +2348140654426


























    Hello everyone, my name is Alfreed siang  i am here to say a big thank you to my doctor DR OLU who helped me enlarge my penis.i have never had a happy relationship in my life because of my inability to perform well due to my small penis, due to frustration,i went online in search of solution to ending my predicament and than i came across testimony on how DR OLU has helped them, so i contacted him and he promised to help me with penis enlargement,i doubted at first but i gave him a trial and he sent me the product which i used according to his prescription and in less than a week,i saw changes in my penis and it grow to the size i wanted and since then,i am now a happy man and no lady complains again about my penis.if you also need the services of my doctor,you can also contact him on his email..drolusolutionhome@gmail.com   or his whataspp is +2348140654426

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete