Monday, December 30, 2019

Let's Get Our Priorities Straight

I am a lifelong non-smoker,and there are days when I would ban tobacco from ever being sold--due not just to its cancer-causing nature, but to the dozen of toxic chemicals therein (some of which we do not even fully understand.)  But to ban people from buying tobacco until they are 21 is NOT the way to go.
 
In many states you may vote at 18. Now we have declared that being able to smoke is more important than being able to vote.  You can enlist and be drafted at 18, fight and die for your country, but you can't smoke along the way.  Pure asinine stupidity on the part of a bi-partisan Congress that voted these new limits as part of a huge spending and "clean up the year-end business" massive bill that defied all "germane" rules, as well as voting $1.4Billion of your money and mine to build a border wall that from day-one Trump and the GOP had promised Mexico would pay for. (And by the way it was the Dems that pushed this thru in a spirit of compromise.)


So much for promises.

So much for compromise, which as with everything else in Washington, and life, has its limits.  All of which have now gone up in smoke..at least until we are all 21.

I'm just sayin'...

1 comment:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete