Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Surprise!

I am very surprised that the election this spring has been so quiet. Not at all typical for Kentucky. Is this the lull before the storm? Before a slew of negative ads choke the airways?


I hope not. Adam Edelen's ads, so far, have been refreshing and interesting. But the lack of outside polling makes political reporters think he is running 2nd to A/G Andy Beshear and might "go negative" in an attempt to catch up.


Again, I hope not. Doing that, IMHO, would destroy some of the (almost) outsider nature of his candidacy.


Rocky Adkins is probably the most qualified of the 3 major guv candidates for Dems..due to his long legislative tenure. But he is mired in the belief he is a "regional" candidate..from East Ky.



Beshear has his name, his dad, His family, and his time as A/G. Much of that time, when he sued Bevin, he won; and that includes some major Bevin policies being overturned. He still labors under a feeling that many of his suits are for political purposes and not out of fundamental beliefs, no matter what he says in his ads. I still regret, for example, he did not join other A/G's in suing the inventor of 3D printing of guns, which he could have, and didn't, and there are more of these types of suits he might have filed, but didn't.


Will Bevin survive Robert Goforth Ike Lawrence and William Woods? Probably. And that will set the stage for a very interesting fall election. As of now, Bevin is, unlike most incumbent guvs, not a shoo-in to win. Too much alienation of teachers, even members of his own party, etc. to assume that.


There should be some good debates coming up on KET especially. Depending on how the candidates do, especially the 3 top Dems, could well determine their primary winner.  Debates can be important.


AND ONE LAST THOUGHT:  The Constitution says a president may be impeached only for treason, bribery, high crimes or misdemeanors.  As of last September, the fact checkers at the Washington Post determined Mr. Trump had lied to the American people 5000 times. (I don't know what the total is now.) Lying may not be a "high crime"...but surely it is a "misdemeanor."

I'm just sayin'...

1 comment:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete