Monday, December 9, 2019

Thank Gov. Bevin One More Time

In his brief  thought about challenging the vote in the legislature, he pointed out a glaring deficiency in our election law. After a recanvass (a check of the vote math) there really isn't any other way to make sure a close race is right; except by asking the legislature to validate the results. Then begins an arcane procedure which has already caused 1 murder and puts Kentucky down in history as the only state whose governor was assassinated while in office. (Google: William Goebel)---brought about by the same election law STILL on our books, and which needs to be changed.

Hopefully the next General Assembly will come up with better, modern ways to resolve a close race--which we seem more and more to be in risk of having.  And while they're at it, some other changes need to be made. 

For example:

 
1---asking Congress to make federal election days national holidays, especially the November general one.
(2---asking UK NOT to play a basketball game November election night.)
3--adopt Automatic Voter Registration, urged by the League of Women Voters and many similar groups, which may increase voter turnout (which is our real problem!!)
4--re-register ex-felons who have not served time for a violent offense when they have served their time.
5--let people register to vote who come to the polls election day, with sufficient ID
6--and, most important, pass The National Popular Vote resolution  (as 16 other states, including 4 small ones such as Kentucky ) that says our electoral votes will go to the candidate who has the largest national votes cast--once the number of states passing this plan exceeds the required electoral college majority  needed (273).  States with 74 more votes are needed and such a resolution is being urged in more than that number of states,and  Kentucky should be one of them---otherwise the entire idea of "One person, one vote" goes down the drain and democracy is the poorer.


It has happened too many times already..including the Trump-Clinton election, where Mrs. Clinton got almost THREE MILLION More votes than Mr. Trump, but still lost--because of a 2 century old "college" which isn't one and has no sense behind it in 2020.
 
Thanks, Gov. Bevin for reminding us. 

I'm just sayin'...

1 comment:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete