Tuesday, February 18, 2014

SNAKES, COPS AND GOD




As a reporter I have covered snake handling ceremonies, though never one that turned fatal as one did recently in Kentucky, killing the church’s pastor.

I feel sorry for him and his family...even more so for their misguided view of Christianity. When the church’s view is that a minor verse in the bible “has the same force as the Ten Commandments," then I can only pity them in their ignorance.

For the local police chief to decide he will not prosecute this case because he thinks the state is messing in religion here, I can only add that the essence of injustice is when cops decide which laws to enforce and which to ignore. I hope other officials in the area will see to it that Kentucky’s law against the use of deadly snakes in religious services is followed.

As for that publicity seeking so-called church from Topeka which plans to boycott the Kentucky church’s services this weekend, I can only say these two churches deserve each other.

For  the Topeka church truly does not understand one of the Commandments of Christianity is “love thy  neighbor.”

I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment